Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Resolution

  Since continuing the post from yesterday is redundant and boring for you all, I'll just say that I resolved my problem with decisions. I also reworked my skill training plan for the next year or so. It turns out I can lump most of it into different groups, which I color coded like a nerd, and remap entirely to Perception/Will or Perc/Int to cut down the training time. It's going to be a bit of time before I can train what I want, but it will be worth it to clean up my skills. Ishtar here I come.

  And since I did tell him I would, my brother is shooting straight for the top it seems. He is going for a Loki, since it will be just a bit longer than training a BS and much more suitable for his new lifestyle. So I ask you, dear readers, if you have a good Loki fit that you are willing to share. The only one I have and know of is the unprobable booster fit, since everyone seems to think it's a useless T3. Evemail me or leave a comment and thanks in advance :)

  Frig V is finally done, so I'm that much closer to being in a cloaky. It's great the amount of possibilites that have opened as well, in the form of interceptors, assault ships, etc. Fun times. Anyways, I won't bore you any longer with this post so fly safe.

-Mem

3 comments:

Azmodeus Valar said...

I always try to break my skillplans into several different sections. First, I have several smaller skillplans that are short term goals. Originally, this might have been a new ship or weapons system, now its a skill or two to a new level.

On top of that I'll have a long term plan that involves a significant time period of training to reach. This could be a new race of ships, etc..

Lastly, I have a combined plan that puts all of the plans together into one master plan. I use priorities to help arrange to get the biggest bang for my buck, so I'm getting skills in the short term that will be fun, but am always working towards my long term goal. It also lets me regroup skills a bit for remaps, etc...

Memoocan said...

Wow, talk about structure. That sounds like a great way of doing things though. I've been trying more and more to get a system to work from that isn't so chaotic. I'm getting a bit better at it, but there's just too much I wanna do :P I'm not spread out, I'm well rounded xD

Azmodeus Valar said...

Its easier than you think to do. Just create seperate skillplans for each thing you want to do, both short and long term. Use the priority feature inside each plan to kind of set how important it is to you.

Then, use the merge plan feature to create a master plan to rule them all. You can sort by priority, then tweak priorities as needed.

Luckily, I don't have to mess with this as much for most of my mains, as they are into much longer skill plans. Any alts i'm training up are usually custom made for a specific job, so thats done entirely differently.