Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Friday, October 1, 2010

New Month

  It's October even if it doesn't feel like it to me. And a good way to start off the new month is having our wars expire. Thankfully the Privateers got bored or just don't care so we are currently on cooldown. We retracted our wars when they didn't renew so hopefully it will be peaceful again. It would be nice to get out of the station again and it'd be good to actually have something to write about.

  Of course even without war, there's something to say when CCP breaks my UI....every time I log in I have to restack my windows. Quite annoying since I have so many. PI is much faster to click through, thank goodness. It's a bit late but I still appreciate it, can't wait for the ability to assign them all at once. While everyone has given up PI as a lost cause, I still use it. I am currently stockpiling POS fuel since prices dropped out. I have some plans for it, but nothing concrete as of yet. For now I reset when I remember and just wait.

  Still tuggin' along on my training que. I have all my slots filled with mods on my Scorpion....but not quite what I want. My cruise launchers are empty until mid next week and I'd like my EANMs to be T2, an 8 day train by themselves. So I plan and I wait, but I am very happy with how far I've come. Which got me thinking about my progress so far.

  When I started playing the game, I played for a month. I then lost a full month because I went to Italy for a study abroad, losing alot of training time. When I returned, I got back on and haven't lapsed yet. It's been 5 months or so, over 3 of those being in the Uni. I have almost 6 mil SP, most of it dedicated to mining and industry. Yet I am now able to fly a fully T2 fit (except weapons) Drake or Myrm, Mostly T2 Scorp and my frig skills are pretty nice. I was reading a blog about a null sec pilot that said a pilot that could T2 fit a BC at something like 5 or 6 million was a focused pilot. It caught me off guard since I am anything but focused. I didn't know what I wanted to do until probably 3 or 4 mil SP. And now I can fly with the big boys. It gave me a bit of an ego boost/pride boost. It also helps that I chose Ewar, since I don't have quite as many skills to spread myself thin on in my plan. But still, with an initial focus on mining and industry and a full month of lost training time, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. I've done quite a bit in my time and the best part is, I'm still just scratching the surface. So much more to learn and to do.

  How well have you done in your time? Have you done everything you set out to do?

-Mem

1 comment:

reaper cross said...

How well have i done tbh im GUTTED i started playing in apr/08 played for 2mths training mostly mineing skills (uugh WHYYYY....)and then work dryed up money was tight so cancelled my account ,bad move 10mths later i resub and create a new pilot reaper cross geared towards pvp ,and have a mineing pilot with nearly 4mil sp WASTED. Thinking back now it makes me want to cry i could have trained crusier lvl5 and had t2 guns on my BS it just make me sick :P

http://reaper-in-eve.blogspot.com/

reaper