Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Monday, October 4, 2010

Community

  The first thing I want to say is thank you. As a writer, it's great to be able to have a dialogue and interaction with my readers. My post from yesterday has shown me all the more how lucky I am to have awesome readers like you. I screwed up and paid for it as I should have, losing implants and a ship. I posted so I could vent and be done with it. What I didn't expect is the support you all have given. I have gamed in many environments and other MMO communities, but this is definitely far different than those. Instead of the ridicule and trolling it deserved, I instead received support. Whether it was monetary or simply in encouraging words, I appreciate it all and it made a bad night much much better. So before I go further I want to specifically thank Viperous Stark big time, Herodotus Prime, and Azmodeus Valar. You guys rock.

  And it's people like them that make this game live and breathe. It makes it worthwhile to invest time in not just a game, but in people and a community base that is far better and far more ready to lend time, ISK and knowledge to each other. That's what it's all about and that's I keep coming back for more. The experiences you make with those that are able to appreciate and enjoy them as well is why it's MULTI-player game. That's why I don't understand why some people are content with only getting on to watch their wallet grow with digital money. A sense of accomplishment sure, but to what end? ISK is a means to an end for me, the end being furthering the experiences and opening up more possibilites in New Eden. If it was up to me, money wouldn't be an element in the game, much less real life. That's for another day, though.

  So again, I want to say a big thanks to the three I listed, but also to you that I cannot list because I do not know. I don't know who or how many people read but thank you for doing so. I love gaming and I love writing, so sharing them with you makes it all have meaning.

  Here's to community.
-Mem

2 comments:

Herodotus Prime said...

Stop, you'll make me blush and ruin my reputation. Now I'll have to go troll a forum or something to make up for all this happy talk.

This is the Internet and everyone knows that courtesy is forbidden on teh t00bz...

Fly safe Mem

Azmodeus Valar said...

Thanks :)

The eve community is rather nice.