Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Monday, September 20, 2010

Test Drive

  I ran a C2 Wormhole last night. Finally got to break in my new Drake and see how the tank holds. Obviously, a C2 won't push me too hard but I didn't want to try something that was going to kill me just in case. Since my T2 hardners won't be ready til tomorrow morning, I fit on named T1 variants and went in.

  I have to say, I like shield tanking. I have done nothing but armor up to now since I am a Gallente pilot. My new conversion to Caldari, however, is showing me things I really like. I even turned my Myrm into a shield tanker. Ironically, it's stronger that way. My Drake held up admirably, hardly noticing the Sleepers at all. Even the battleship only got me close to half if it had a swarm of smaller ships around.

  So it was a success, one that earned me a cool 40 mil ISK. Pretty standard for a C2 group I have found. I am now more confident in handling my new ship and found a few useful things to tweak. One of the first things I did when I got back was buy more missile skills. Heavy missiles by themselves have a sad 37.5 km range. Need moar range. And since I usually use drone boats, only being able to have drones out to 45 km is an annoyance. But they are only peripheral damage.

  Soon as I round out my wormholing fit, I will be moving on to Covert Ops. This is a rather recent and unexpected turn for me, but I think it will be a fun one. So much to learn.

o/ til later
-Mem

1 comment:

Azmodeus Valar said...

Once you get t2 hardners, you'll be amazed at the difference in tank. Its incredibly noticable.

A few levels of missile bombardment and missile projection will make a huge difference on your missile range, and won't take that long to train. Same for drones. You can add 5-10 more km of control range without much training time at all.

Thats the great thing about eve, a little training time has a big effect at lower levels.