Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sometimes You're the Hammer, Sometimes the Nail

  Lately I've been the nail in reference to RL. It is the last 2 weeks of the semester and I'm getting drilled into the ground with work I need to make up, more new work, psych experiments for extra credit and getting ready to record the podcast tomorrow. That one I am rather worried about, since I haven't had time to gather all the info I need quite yet. Stress and more stress. I've still gotten my chances to beat people up in wspace, but I need to do it less as it gets down to the wire.

  The new Incursion patch already has 2 additional patches, but by this time nobody should be surprised. Takes a couple seconds to update, wooptydoo. I am liking the probes overview setting, it makes my life infinitely easier since I didn't want the hassle of doing the edits on my Mac when my last one failed to work. So now I can switch quickly, a blessing in wspace. The new changes are much appreciated and I have yet to explore them fully. I need to get back to kspace and get in my Hawk for the first time ever. Training my rockets up to T2 will come along eventually, but for now their new buff should make it fun to run around.

  With all the changes, people naturally talked about them in comms. Today they were talking about oddities and I finally got back to reading my RSS feeds which had a post about weird things in Eve as well. In the same vein, I've always wondered why there are shiptypes that apply to all races. Destroyers and Battlecruisers are first in my mind. Why is it that one has to train up for HACs or cloakies within the respective races, yet these ships can be used across the board? Destroyers are little more than frigates with extra guns, yes. Battlecruisers are essentially cruisers bigger brother, ok. And yes, you have to have the lesser ships of that race trained, but why the exception? Idk....random idle thoughts when I'm staring at a wall vacantly.

  This was quite a ramble. I feel like I do that too much as of late. I want direction and something interesting when I write, not random drivel like this. I do alot of "zomg we blew up dis one dood and it was phun!". I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I need something...more. I guess life really is just getting overwhelming if I can't write something thought provoking for a couple weeks.

Well, here's to getting back into a better groove.
Hope your holiday months are going well.
-Mem

No comments: