Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gamer Health

Ugh, I'm sick.

  Those who know me, know that I am rarely ever sick. This is the first time this year and almost all of last year. It's a good thing, cuz I absolutely hate the feeling. I can't focus or function properly, even playing Eve became hard. I spent yesterday and part of today doing very little and that drives me nuts. But I have gone out and breathed some fresh air. Which got me thinking.

  The stereotype of a gamer tends to be someone that acts more like a vampire, hardly considered healthy. While this is fallacious in many ways, I think many of us do tend to forget about our health. I have found I don't appreciate being able breathe out of my nose or all those little things as much as I should, til I lose them. Don't neglect your own body and what it tries to tell you. Make sure you eat well, get some exercise every now and again, and get out into the fresh air as much as you can. We all know internet spaceships is srs bznz, but the game will be there when you get back.

I'm gonna go chug all the water I can and try to get rid of this bug.
Fly safe and stay healthy. o7

-Mem

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool, those WHs aren't going anywhere. And the pirates will still be waiting for us in lowsec, so get batter.

Unknown said...

Or better, even.