Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Future of the Blog Pack

  Recently, the famous Eve Blog Pack that was created and maintained faithfully by my friend, CrazyKinux, for years now is going through something of a transition period. CK has decided to spend time playing Eve and enjoying the community he helped bolster and cultivate. So he put the call out for someone to take it on while he moves into working in the game industry.

  Sadly, he also needed to cease blogging and podcasting since it created a conflict with his new employer. This I understand and agree with since RL>Eve in any instance. It is sad news and we will miss CK's contribution, but wish him luck in his new endeavors. As he said, all good things must come to an end.

  So where does it go from there? Well his last post addressed that by encouraging the community to step up and take charge if they wanted the Pack to continue. We do have a great community and it was respectfully picked up by Rixx Javix over at Eveoganda. Long live the Pack.

  I also have a new way of getting the Pack feeds on my iPod. If you enjoyed Capsuleer and wished for a good replacement like I used to, here it is. Go download the Leaky Capsule app and enjoy. It has your skill queue abilities and feeds the Blog Pack in as well. I must admit that summer killed my blog reading because I rarely touched my iPod and the RSS feed reader that I use got too daunting when I had like 300 blogs updating all the time. So I am restarting from the Pack, just like when I originally got into it all, and the few that I have followed beyond the pack. After my burnout recedes, I'll get back up there I suppose.

 Anyways, enough of me rambling, go and enjoy the revitalization of the Pack and say bye to a great blogger.

  Cheers to you CK,
-Mem

No comments: